Date: 12 May 2021
Time: 7pm – 9:30pm
Theme: The adaptation of dentistry to COVID-19
The West of Scotland Branch of the BDA is delighted to announce our exciting plans for a new Virtual Regional Presentation Evening featuring the Postgraduate Prize Event.
This event is for all young dentists in Scotland including VDP’s and DCT’s. The virtual event will provide the opportunity for young dentists to present at a regional level.
We are delighted to welcome abstract submissions of case reports, audits, reviews, or topics of educational interest for an oral presentation from young dentists and trainees. Submissions should be relevant and current, with a clear learning point for their audience.
A shortlist of candidates will be selected to present at the final event on 12 May 2021. All submissions have the opportunity to win a postgraduate prize. The first place winner will receive £200, second place £100 and third place £50.
The event will be free to attend for anyone, with a small fee for presentation submissions from non-members of the BDA.
- To engage young dentists and trainees in the West of Scotland with their local BDA group
- To showcase young dentists and trainees’ academic and clinical work during 2020
- To encourage participation of young dentists and trainees at a regional level by providing a platform for presentations
- To discuss the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic on young dentists and trainees
- To understand the impact that the COVID-19 pandemic has had on dental specialties and general practice
- To explore the ways in which clinical practice has adapted amongst a variety of dental specialties and general practice
A,B,C & D
Presentation Submissions should be themed around The adaptation of dentistry to COVID-19 and submissions will be accepted under the following topics :
- Oral surgery / OMFS / Oral Medicine
- General Practice
A short-list of all submissions will be displayed on this website and will be available online during the event and for 3 weeks after.
From our shortlist of submissions, a panel will choose two presentations on each topic and these will be presented at the final of the virtual regional event, with each delegate having a 15 minute slot with a maximum of 20 slides.
An overall prize winner, runner up and third place winner will be selected from the 10 presenters by a panel selected by the BDA committee.
Submission Deadline 26 March 2021
Please find further Presentation Submission Criteria here