Registration for this event is between 6.30 and 7.15pm. The lecture begins at 7.15 and is anticipated to last between 1.5 hours with anticipated development outcomes of B and D.
‘A long, happy, healthy career’: Relieving stress in dentistry’
Content: Stress and burnout is prevalent in the dental profession. It carries a heavy burden on the lives of individuals and their families, as well as a knock-on adverse effect on dental teams and services. Sometimes it is devastating. As well as working to identify and remove triggers, raising awareness of poor mental health and signposting to support services is a key priority for the BDA. This lecture will tackle all of these important issues, with some suggestions for solutions for individuals, teams and stakeholders.
After the main talk, there will be a short update on UK exiting the EU and the knowns about the effect on dentistry.
By the end of the presentation the delegates should know:
- Aetiology, signs and symptoms of stress and burnout
- Methods of preventing stress
- Be aware of signposting for dentists experiencing stress and burnout and organisations available
- Training available for dentists interested in helping others experiencing stress and burnout
- Be up to date on Brexit, where are we now